Perfect Recipe for Homemade Vegan Strawberry Milk
Ever crave a cold glass of strawberry milk but want to avoid the dairy? You’ve come to the right place. This homemade vegan strawberry milk recipe is about to rock your world. Forget the processed powdered mixes and artificial colors—this recipe uses only real, whole ingredients you can feel good about.
All you need is a blender, a few staples from your pantry and fridge, and fresh strawberries to make the perfect pink drink. In just two minutes, you’ll be sipping a refreshing glass of creamy strawberry goodness. The sweetness comes only from fruit, the milkiness from natural nut milks. Your taste buds won’t believe it’s dairy-free.
And the color? As bright and blush as a summer sunset. One sip of this homemade vegan strawberry milk and you’ll never go back to the store-bought stuff again. Summer in a glass—and totally vegan. You’re just two minutes away from the perfect recipe for homemade vegan strawberry milk.
Ingredients You’ll Need for Homemade Vegan Strawberry Milk
To make homemade vegan strawberry milk, you’ll need just a few simple ingredients.
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk or your favorite non-dairy milk
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt (optional)
For extra flavor, you can also add a little almond extract. If you like your strawberry milk on the tangy side, add some lemon juice.
To get started, combine all the ingredients except the strawberries in a high-powered blender until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust the sweetness to your liking. You want it subtly sweet but not overpowering.
Next, add the sliced strawberries and blend on low until the strawberries are partially broken down but still slightly chunky, about 30 seconds. You can blend the strawberries longer for a smoother milk or leave them a bit chunkier for texture.
Pour the strawberry milk into glasses over ice and enjoy! The leftovers will keep refrigerated for up to 3 days. Shake or stir before drinking as the strawberry pieces tend to settle to the bottom.
This homemade vegan strawberry milk is delicious on its own but also amazing poured over granola, oatmeal or your favorite vegan yogurt. Your taste buds will thank you for this refreshing and fruity treat. Let your non-vegan friends have a sip—they’re sure to be impressed!
Blending the Berries
Now for the fun part – blending your berries! Once your strawberries have thawed, it’s time to get blending.
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups plant-based milk of your choice (we like almond or oat milk)
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup or agave nectar (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on a low setting, then gradually increase the speed to high. Blend for 30 to 60 seconds until the mixture is creamy and smooth.
- Taste and adjust the sweetness to your liking. Add more maple syrup 1 tablespoon at a time if needed.
- For an even smoother and frothier milk, you can strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer after blending. This will remove any remaining chunks of strawberry.
- Pour into glasses over ice or enjoy as is. Your homemade vegan strawberry milk is ready to drink!
With a few simple ingredients and a quick whirl of the blender, you’ll be enjoying this refreshing non-dairy treat in no time. The sweet summery flavor of fresh strawberries paired with your milk of choice creates a creamy pink perfection. Enjoy!
Making the Strawberry Milk Base
Now for the star of the show—the strawberry milk base! Making your own strawberry milk from scratch is surprisingly easy. All you need are a few simple ingredients:
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup sugar (depending on how sweet you like it)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (optional, for extra flavor)
- 4 cups unsweetened milk of your choice (almond, soy, oat, coconut, etc.)
- Combine the sliced strawberries, sugar, vanilla extract, and almond extract (if using) in a blender. Blend until the strawberries are fully pureed.
- Taste and adjust the amounts of sugar, vanilla, and almond extract to your liking. For a tangier milk, use less sugar. For extra flavor, add a bit more of the extracts.
- Add 2 cups of the milk to the blender and blend until well combined.
- Pour the strawberry milk into a pitcher and stir in the remaining 2 cups milk. Mix well.
- Chill before serving over ice. Your homemade vegan strawberry milk will last up to 5 days refrigerated.
- Optional: for a creamier milk, blend in 1-2 cups of your favorite dairy-free milk (coconut milk works great). You can also add a few ice cubes while blending for a frostier milk.
- Enjoy your strawberry milk! You can also top it with fresh berries, whipped coconut cream, or dairy-free vanilla ice cream.
Making your own homemade vegan strawberry milk allows you to control the ingredients and customize the flavor to your taste. Your friends and family are sure to love this refreshing, fruity drink on a warm sunny day. Let me know if you have any other questions!
Adding in Extra Flavor (Optional)
Once you have the base strawberry milk made, you can add extra flavorings to create your perfect custom blend. Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
Add 1-2 teaspoons of vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste. The vanilla complements the strawberry flavor beautifully. You can also add a pinch of vanilla powder or seeds from half a vanilla bean for an extra burst of flavor.
For chocolatey strawberry milk, add 2-3 tablespoons of cacao or chocolate powder, or chocolate protein powder. You can also blend in a few chocolate chips. Start with 1 tablespoon and add more to taste. The chocolate adds a rich, decadent layer of flavor to the fruity strawberry base.
Just a pinch of cinnamon, about 1/4 teaspoon, can spice up your strawberry milk. Cinnamon adds a warm, cozy note and helps bring out the natural sweetness of the strawberries. Add the cinnamon, whisk and taste, then add a tiny bit more if needed.
2-3 tablespoons of maple syrup will make your strawberry milk taste like strawberry shortcake. The maple syrup adds a touch of buttery sweetness that pairs perfectly with fresh strawberries.
For a refreshing twist, add 5-10 fresh mint leaves. The mint adds a bright, herbal note that complements the tartness of the strawberries. Start with just a few leaves, blend and taste, then add more mint a couple leaves at a time until you reach your desired flavor.
The options are endless. You can also try almond extract, rose water, lavender, orange zest or coconut milk to create your custom strawberry milk masterpiece. Have fun experimenting and enjoy!
Storing Your Vegan Strawberry Milk
Once you’ve made your delicious vegan strawberry milk, proper storage is important to keep it fresh and safe to drink. Here are some tips for storing your homemade strawberry milk:
As soon as you’re done blending, transfer the strawberry milk to an airtight container or bottle and refrigerate immediately. Homemade non-dairy milks can spoil quickly at room temperature. Keeping it chilled below 40 F will allow it to stay fresh for 3 to 5 days.
Shake or Stir Before Drinking
The strawberry puree and coconut milk may separate a bit in the refrigerator. Before drinking or using in a recipe, shake the container vigorously or stir the milk with a spoon to recombine everything. This will ensure an even strawberry flavor and color in each glass.
Use Within 5 Days
For the best quality and food safety, drink your vegan strawberry milk within 5 days of making it. While it may last up to a week in the fridge, the color, flavor, and texture may start to deteriorate after that time. For longer storage, you can freeze the milk for up to 3 months. Simply thaw it in the refrigerator overnight and shake or stir before drinking.
Avoid the Freezer
For the creamiest texture, avoid freezing the strawberry milk. The coconut milk may become grainy when frozen and thawed. However, if you do wish to freeze a portion, do so immediately after making it and be sure to leave some headspace in the container for expansion. When ready to drink, thaw the milk overnight in the refrigerator and shake vigorously before consumption.
Following these simple storing tips will keep your homemade vegan strawberry milk deliciously fresh, cold and safe so you can enjoy it for days to come. Cheers!
And there you have it, your very own homemade vegan strawberry milk. By now you’ve discovered how simple it is to whip up this delicious drink with just a few basic ingredients you likely already have in your kitchen. Not only is it creamy and sweet, but it’s also free from dairy, cholesterol and saturated fat. So go ahead and pour yourself a tall, cold glass. You deserve it.
Sip, savor and enjoy. Your taste buds will thank you for it. And the next time you’re craving something refreshing, you’ll know just what to do. Pull out your blender, grab some strawberries and almond milk and get blending. Homemade vegan strawberry milk – your perfect recipe for guilt-free indulgence.